QLD Government announces $10,000 Small Business COVID-19 Adaption Grant Program for digital marketing services.
- $10,000 per Eligible Business
- No Matched-funding Required
- COVID-19 Effected Businesses
- First-in-first Served Basis
- 60% of funding allocation already applied for
- Revenue Effected by COVID-19
- Employ Staff
- Fewer than 20 Employees
- Have Valid ABN
- Registered for GST
- QLD Headquarters
- Minimum $75,000 Turnover Last Financial year
- See full eligibility below
Get our step-by-step guide for submitting your application in the next 24 hours.
Due to COVID-19 and its harmful impacts on many small businesses in Queensland, the Australian Government has released their Small Business COVID-19 Adaption Grant Program which aims to get small and micro businesses a grant of up to $10,000 in order to help struggling businesses transition to the ‘new way of doing business’.
Digital marketing, online presence and the incorporation of updated digital technology in your online strategy are now more than ever, deemed vital components to enhancing the success of your small business in the post COVID-19 world; as restrictions, social distancing and the diversifying of traditional business practices becomes the new normal in the Australian business sector.
How much can I get?
This grant is available up to a maximum of $10,000 per eligible small or micro business. Your business must meet the eligibility requirements and assessment criteria to be considered for funding. It is estimated that approximately 10,000 small businesses in Queensland will benefit from this program.
Is there a time limit?
Once the program budget has been fully allocated, applications for the program will close. If you’re approved, your grant funds can be used on approved services from 23 March 2020 onwards. Be mindful that your business expenditure from this program must be completed within a maximum of 6 months from your date of approval.
What can this do for my business?
The main objectives of this grant are to prepare small business owners for a safe resumption of business during the COVID-19 recovery phase. This grant will provide small businesses with access to important digital marketing services to assist in rebuilding their business operations; while also assisting with the transition to the ‘new way of doing business’ more seamlessly. This will allow business owners to access professional digital marketing services that will allow for embracing business diversification to maintain successful operations and overall business stability during these unprecedented times. Within the digital marketing realm, this will allow your business to respond to online opportunities more effectively, and to sustain employment and maintain potential for longer-term growth. Little Ripple Marketing will provide your business with a comprehensive and strategy driven digital marketing package which meets the requirements for this grant and your business goals.
What services does this funding cover for my business?
The Queensland Government recognises the harmful impacts on small business in the wake of the pandemic, which is why this funding can be used on the following important services:
- building your business through digital marketing services, such as content development (web pages, mobile apps, visual and audio media etc.)
- professional digital marketing services and strategy planning to increase business productivity and results
- specialised digital equipment or business specific software to move business operations online (e.g. logistics program for online ordering)
- financial, legal or other professional advice to support business sustainability and diversification
- strategic planning, financial counselling or business coaching aligned to business development and diversification
- digital training or retraining to adapt to new business models
- capital costs associated with meeting COVID-19 SAFE requirements
- meeting business costs, including utilities/rent
What can $10,000 in Digital Marketing do for my business?
We have put together a special package designed to be the ‘one-stop-shop’ for business to adapt and thrive in ‘the new way of doing business’.
Our Business 2.0 Package
Built specifically for the COVID-19 Adaptation Grant Program
Worth over $15,000 discounted to $9,999 to be able to be entirely covered by the grant.
- Custom Designed and Built Website
- Responsive for all devices
- Professional Copy for your website by an Australian editor (3,500 words)
- Reviews page for sending happy customers
- 12 months Australian website hosting
- 12 months domain registration
- Search Engine Optimisation (SEO)
- Google My Business Setup
- Google Analytics Setup
- Google ads setup
- Heat Map software setup
- Custom COVID-19 survival workshop from our founder designed for you to be empowered to handle your own marketing!
- Learn everything you need to know to be able to audit your marketing, understand digital know-how and even manage your marketing yourself (in just 20 minutes a week!).
- Your weekly marketing checklist to survive without us once we hand your package over.
- The tech stack that we use to run our entire remote business from all over the world.
- A digital dictionary to help you understand all of the lingo out there!
Is my business eligible?
In order to meet the eligibility requirements for this grant your business must adhere to the following:
- have been subject to closure or otherwise highly impacted by current shutdown restrictions announced by Queensland’s Chief Health Officer on 23 March 2020
- demonstrate that business revenue has been significantly impacted since 23 March 2020 over a minimum 1-month period due to the onset and management of COVID-19
- employ staff and have fewer than 20 employees at the time of applying for the grant
- have a valid Australian Business Number (ABN) active as at 23 March 2020
- be registered for GST
- have a Queensland headquarters
- have an annual turnover over $75,000 for the last financial year
- have a payroll of less than $1.3 million
- not be insolvent or have owners/directors that are an undischarged bankrupt.
How do I apply?
If you have read the eligibility requirements thoroughly and tick all the boxes, you’re ready to apply! Be sure to read the application guidelines, terms and conditions and frequently asked questions (FAQs) for additional information prior to applying here. It’s important to note that only one application will be accepted from an individual ABN or a financial beneficiary of a business; and successful applicants cannot reapply for funding from this grant program.
How do I ensure my best chance in the assessment process?
These grants will be approved to individual applicants based on a ‘first come, first served’ basis, so be sure to not delay your application process. Be mindful that you complete the application with all the supporting documentation requested to avoid needing to be contacted to provide additional information; this step has been known to delay the application assessment process. Be conscious that your application will be assessed against its value for money, as determined by the Department of Employment, Small Business and Training (DESBT).
How will I receive my grant payments?
Funding will be paid upfront upon approval of your grant application.
Do I have any follow-up requirements once payment is received?
Within one month of completing the project, the applicant must complete and submit an acquittal report through SmartyGrants. Approved applicants must also gather and submit copies of all related supplier invoices and proof of purchase for the total project cost. Certified digital marketing professionals at Little Ripple Marketing, will ensure you are allocating your funds correctly and effectively to optimise the return on your approved grant funds.
Are there surrounding legalities I should be aware of?
Grant recipients may be subjected to a random audit by DESBT to ensure that the information they provided is true and correct. Where it is found that false or misleading information has been provided, penalties may apply, including refunding to DESBT some or all of the grant funding.
For further information surrounding the small business COVID-19 Adaption Grant Program contact firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 1300 654 687.