Get funding of up to $10,000 from the QLD Government with the Small Business Digital Grants Program.
Little Ripple Marketing has successfully worked with other local businesses to apply for grant funding for Web Design & Development and creating your Digital Marketing strategy.
If you would like to find out how to apply call us any time on 1300 953 313
Matched funding of up to $10,000 (excluding GST) may be provided to eligible businesses for the purchase of hardware, software and services (such as digital coaching). The minimum grant funding is $1,000. The business must show how the digital technology or service purchased and adopted will enhance the digital capabilities of their business, and help them to be more competitive and employ more staff.
Applicants must not begin the project or pay for the product(s) or service(s), in part or full, without confirmation that the project has been approved.
Applying for the grant
Round 5 has now opened and closes at 5pm on 8 October 2018.
To apply, complete the following steps:
- read the eligibility criteria
- read the application guidelines
- apply using the SmartyGrants link:
Visit https://www.business.qld.gov.au/starting-business/advice-support/grants/digital-grants to learn more and apply online.
If you’re thinking of investing in a new website build or starting some digital marketing campaigns for your current site, there’s never been a better time to take action.
The Small Business Digital Grant (of up to $10,000 in matched funding), is a program from the Queensland Government which… “provides small businesses with access to digital technologies and services to enable them to work smarter, engage with the global economy and make the most of online business opportunities arising from digital disruption.”
We’ve had huge success with previous clients securing the grant funding.
IS MY BUSINESS EVEN ELIGIBLE?
If you can tick all of the criteria below, then YES!
- have fewer than 20 employees at the time of applying for the grant
- have an Australian Business Number (ABN) and be registered for GST
- be based in Queensland
- have a turnover of $2 million or less in the last financial year
- declare if any owners or directors of the business are an undischarged bankrupt or insolvent.
HOW MUCH CAN YOU APPLY FOR AND WHAT CAN IT BE USED FOR?
Matched funding of up to $10 000 (excluding GST) may be provided to eligible businesses for the purchase of hardware, software and services – such as digital coaching. The business must show how the digital technology or service purchased and adopted will enhance the digital capabilities of their business and help them to be more competitive and employ more staff..
The digital technology or service must fall under one of four identified priority areas :
content development (web pages, mobile apps, visual and audio media etc.)
receiving payments or selling online
specialised digital technology or software (business specific)
digital planning, digital marketing strategy development, and digital training
WHAT WON’T BE FUNDED?
There are a range of activities that will not be funded under this program :
projects with a total cost less than $22 000 will not be funded,, as the minimum grant funding amount that can be provided is $11 000
travel costs for any party
services delivered in – kind (funding will not cover services paid for via a financial transaction)
fees for services provided by related parties ( such as companies with common shareholdings or directorship with the applicant , and employees or immediate family of the applicant)
franchise fees or related costs
direct – selling businesses (where sales of another business’’ goods or services are made in the customer’s home,, work or other meeting place through methods such as party plan and network marketing)
maintenance of existing digital technologies
website hosting as a stand – alone cost . Website hosting will be covered up to 12 months if it is part of a new website build or upgrade but it is not eligible as a stand – alone cost
purchase of non – project related assets such as stock
general business operating costs (including bookkeeping/accounting and tax returns)
paid advertising campaigns e.g. Google AdWords, Facebook advertising or similar expenses. The grant can cover the development of an online marketing plan but not the actual advertising cost
retrospective payments for expenses incurred prior to grant funding approval date or work already undertaken..
WHAT DO I NEED TO FOCUS ON IN MY APPLICATION TO HAVE THE BEST CHANCE OF GETTING THE GRANT?
ASSESSMENT PROCESS – Small Business Digital Grants Program
In addition to meeting the eligibility criteria, applications will be prioritised on:
- the impact the digital technology or service will have on the business (measured by revenue growth, increase in gross profit, time savings, employment outcomes)
- the extent to which the digital technology or service will enhance the digital capabilities of the business to make the business more competitive
- the potential and likelihood the activity will deliver jobs growth
- value for money.
HOW DO I APPLY?
You’ll need to complete the online application form and attach supporting documentation (quote for intended product or service).
On completion of the project, successful applicants will be reimbursed 50% of the total project cost, up to the approved grant funding amount.
To receive reimbursement, applicants must:
- complete and submit an acquittal report through SmartyGrants
- issue a valid tax invoice to the Department of Employment, Small Business and Training
- submit copies of supplier invoices and proof of purchase for the total project cost.
Here are some options for using your grant funding with Little Ripple Marketing.
- New website Design & Build. Click Here to complete the website assessment form. We’ll be in touch with a customised new website design & development proposal for your business.
- Digital Marketing Strategy. We can create a Digital Marketing Strategy for your Business. This will include strategies for but not limited to : Google Ads, Social Media and SEO.